Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Bandi On Our Trip Home - Colorado Rockies

 


Song:  Don't Worry Baby

Group:  The Beach Boys


We began our journey from Verdi, NV...
to our final home in the Colorado Rockies...
a journey which normally takes but 18 or so hours with fuel stops...
and a meal stop...
but had taken us about 24 hours because of a monster traffic back up...
just beyond Aspen, Colorado.


My trike on the back of my car...
and the inside of my car loaded.


There was just enough room for Bandi to travel comfortably.
I had a 1.6 Gallon travel waterer for Bandi...
with another half a gallon thermos to refill the water.

At every fuel stop (I refilled at half a tank)...
we took her to use the bathroom...
as well as at some rest stops.


She had a comfortable doggie bed to lie down on as she looked out the side and front windows.


We often lowered her window so she could stick her head out the window...
but she mostly just liked to look out the front window as we drove.


We finally arrived almost 24 hours later...
just in time for sunset from our last ever home.

(My younger sister and I shared the driving...
she is staying for a week before flying out to visit family on the East Coast).

Bandi has been exploring the area around our home.

I will be taking her on my many travels throughout Colorado as she and I
explore the many sights.





2 comments:

  1. Awwww…. I will miss my friend Bandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is having fun exploring. She is looking forward to hr many new adventures.

      Delete

New Adventures for Bandi - Broadmoor 7 Falls

  Song:  Wish You Were Here Group:  Pink Floyd The Broadmoor 7 Falls Park is a must see... for people and dogs alike. It is a tremendously b...